Thie Loghey Limited
Terms and condition of hire
- Contract of Hire is between the Hirer and Thie Loghey Limited (the property owner) for which the booking is made and shall be deemed to be made subject to these terms and conditions of Hire and governed by English Law. Any actions shall be heard in the court for the area in which the property is located. The contract is for the hire of a lodge, Thie Loghey, for holiday purposes only.
- The main Condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of the property and contents and that it is left clean and tidy as we intend you find it. This care is to include all utensils, crockery, equipment and linen. While you may not necessarily be charged for minor items, you should be aware that all damages and breakages are the holidaymaker’s responsibility and their cost shall be repayable on demand. The lead name on the booking form (the party leader) will be held responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the stay. A good housekeeping deposit of £150 is levied, which will be returned as soon as possible after the holiday period has completed, less a deduction for any breakages.
- Holidays are from 4.00pm on arrival day until 10.00am on departure day. Entry to the property will be gained using keys stored within locked keybox. Entry code will be notified prior to arrival.
- A deposit of £100 is payable on booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before the first day of the holiday. Where a booking is made less than 8 weeks before arrival the full rental is payable when booking. The good housekeeping deposit is payable no more than two weeks prior to the commencement date.
- Following receipt of the completed Booking Reservation Form & Deposit, you will be sent Confirmation of Booking. A contract is thus formed between you and Thie Loghey Limited and you are then responsible for the balance of any rental.
- The property is offered only on the understanding that no more than six people shall use it. As the property is principally designed for family holidays Thie Loghey Limited reserves the right to refuse or curtail any booking which may in our opinion, by reason of number or composition, be unsuitable for the property.
- If for any reason beyond our control the property is not available, or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (e.g. by fire, water damage or any other fault) for the date booked all rent and charges paid by the Hirer will be refunded in full and there will be no further claim against Thie Loghey Limited.
- No liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person, or any vehicle, its contents, or any possession of the Hirer or any member of the party as defined above.
- Pets are not permitted in the lodge.
- Electricity/Gas/Oil are included in the rent although Thie Loghey Limited reserves the right to charge for any excessive use of utilities. Fuel for the log burning stove is not provided but readily available locally.
- Linen/Equipment – Please note that a cot is supplied with a mattress only – all infant bedding and linen should be provided by the Hirer. The lodge is equipped with sufficient crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment, dining and easy chairs, beds, bedding and bed linen for six people. Towels are also provided for all guests.
- Parking is provided for a maximum of two cars. If you plan to bring more than the stated amount of cars, or a boat, please advise us, but no guarantee can be provided that anything in excess of two cars can be accepted.
- If there should be any cause for complaint, you should contact Thie Loghey Limited IMMEDIATELY on email@example.com as belated requests to arbitrate on claims for compensation cannot be accepted unless Thie Loghey Limited has been asked to correct matters and given the opportunity to investigate and resolve the problem at the time of its occurrence whilst the Hirer remains in occupation. Thie Loghey Limited cannot accept liability for any alternative accommodation costs, short term equipment failure or problems beyond their reasonable control. In the event of any unresolved complaint, the holidaymaker will accept the judgement of Thie Loghey Limited regarding reasonable compensation.
- Cancellation by the hirer
- Holiday cancellation insurance is not provided by Thie Loghey Limited and is not included in the price of the holiday. You should therefore satisfy yourself that you have appropriate holiday/travel/cancellation insurance appropriate to your own circumstances.
- In the event that you have to cancel your holiday you must notify us immediately and in writing of any intention to cancel the holiday (email is acceptable). The cancellation only takes effect when Thie Loghey Limited has received written confirmation by the Hirer. If the Hirer cancels, they are still liable for the payment of the balance.
- We shall seek to re-let the property at the best possible price but not necessarily at the advertised price. If the lodge is re-let, monies received by us for the re-let holiday, less any discount offered in order to obtain another booking, will be refunded within 2 weeks after the re-let holiday booking monies have been received.
- If we are unable to re-let the holiday accommodation for the period of the cancelled holiday, all monies paid by the Hirer shall be forfeited to Thie Loghey Limited.
- Handbook & website accuracy relating to the lodge details are correct at the time of printing/publishing. Alterations may be made to the website from time to time and we shall endeavour to inform the Hirer of any such alterations. Thie Loghey Limited cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities, attractions or services offered by a third party mentioned in the handbook or on the web site.
- Lost property items will be retained by our cleaners (South Lakes Services), returned to their office and returned at holidaymakers’ cost upon request. If you realise you have left something behind (no food or drink items will be returned) please contact us in first instance and we will endeavour to help.
- Payments can only be accepted by bank transfer or cheque.
N.B. These terms and booking conditions supersede all previous issues – January 2017